Thursday, February 11, 2010

Aviary - quick and easy.

I was just getting some new extensions for Google Chrome and I came across Aviary. So, I gave it a shot.

Let's back up. I started using Adobe Photoshop about 10 versions ago, and about as many years. I have been a die hard fan and user since. I've also gotten into other Adobe products and have been happy with it's cross-program integration and utilization.

I've never been a fan of online image tools. I've always seen that Photoshop can do more and I still stand by that. I just did a speed test on an 8 year old laptop (not mine) of Aviary tools using the extension through Google Chrome to do a screen capture and quick edit and I was surprised.

In about 30 seconds I was able to create text, draw arrows, and save it as a jpeg. I was doing this for document I have had a short time to produce, yet it still looks decent enough to get by.

Photoshop just lost a little bit o love from yours truly today. Don't worry, I'll be back for the elaborate needs that are just perfect for Photoshop.

No comments: